Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

The 20 dollar mystery set....

Okay i bought a set a while back for 20 dollars. There are no badges on it. But it has a oval of where one once was. heres what they look like. i only took pictures of the floor tom. if i need to take pic of the others just tell me. Any idea of what they are or anything? I was thinking slingerland since it came with a slingerland pedal. But hey who knows.

3 attachments
Posted on 18 years ago

The wood grain on the interior will give you the answer. If it runs up and down it is a Japanese copy set. That is my guess

David

Posted on 18 years ago

you are good at this game. it does run up and down. and they can sound good if i put lots of money into them like i did on one drum. so are they a copy of a slingerland set? thanks a bunch.

Posted on 18 years ago

Yep that is what they are and $20 is a good price even though it

is a copy set!

Yes, proper heads and tuning go a long way

David

Posted on 18 years ago

Just to clarify. I agree it looks like a Japanese copy set. The floor tom leg brackets look like copies of the ones on my 1960's Premier.

BUT, most European manufacturers used, and some still use, vertical grain shells. I've known some people to destroy a very nice, and possibly valuable, drum due to some misinformation.

But, for $20, (About ?14) a bargain, even if it's just a knockabout kit for the kids.

www.drumarchive.com
www.mikedolbear.com
Posted on 18 years ago

Yep! Decidely Japan! Rebuilt plenty of these for low income students around here. But hey, for twenty bucks you still can have loads of fun. wvhill

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here