Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Message To All Who Are Members,

A while ago I joined here not knowing what I would find. I had a drum kit that needed to go to a drummer who would value them, at least that was my goal.

I found a group of supportive and knowlegable guys and one particular person who gave his time, friendship and expertise.

Stage Band2

Thank you from my heart! CryBaby

Thank you for your support and good wishes. I know that you all wanted Richard's drums to travel to good homes and they did.

My wish for you all is love

My wish for you all is hope

My wish for you all is wonder, beauty, life

With Love and Gratitude,

Catherine

Posted on 4 years ago

Since no one else has bothered to be the first to respond (because this place is like a morgue sometimes), you are most welcome, Catherine. As you found out, Mark is nice guy and very positive force on this forum. I'm sure we're all glad the drums are going to a good home.

Posted on 4 years ago

Catherine,

I agree with DrumBob, Mark is a good soul and is a well respected person on this Forum. Everything turned out well in the end...

You are always welcome here!! Please comeback and visit us!!

Cheers

1976 Ludwig Mach 4 Thermogloss 26-18-14-14sn
1978 Ludwig Stainless 22-22-18-16-14-13-12 c/w 6-8-10-12-13-14-15-16-18-20-22-24 concert toms
1975 Sonor Phonic Centennials Metallic Pewter 22-16-13-12-14sn (D506)
1971 Ludwig Classic Bowling Ball OBP 22-16-14-13
1960's Stewart Peacock Pearl 20-16-12-14sn
1980`s Ludwig Coliseum Piano Black 8x14 snare
1973 Rogers Superten 5x14 & 6.5x14 COS snares
1970`s John Grey Capri Aquamarine Sparkle 5x14 snare
1941 Ludwig & Ludwig Super 8x14 snare
Posted on 4 years ago

I followed the original threads with interest and wish I had something to contribute. Very nice outcome. Happy for all. :)

Catherine, thanks for your very nice note. I share your wishes.

Posted on 4 years ago

Catherine!

I've been so busy preparing for my move, March 27, that I haven't had time to respond.

I learned quite a bit as to what repairs I could accomplish with this kit! The snare drum proved quite a challenge, as did the bass drum hoop repairs. Had it not been for my friend who made those custom curved pieces, I could have never repaired the hoops. They came out better than I hoped and I learned quite a bit in the process.

The kit was listed on multiple sites for months, but with no real interest. It was coming down to the point where I didn't think they would sell before my move. Catherine said she would pick up the drums if I would at least keep trying to market them, which I thought was more than fair.

In the end, it only took one person who was actually looking for a kit like this and gave it a new home in his studio, where the drums will be played and cared for. What was even better was the buyers association with Rogers, Roy Burns and Aquarian!

All-in-all, a very happy ending to this Big R journey!

-Mark

Posted on 4 years ago

Like DrumBob, I followed but didn't contribute to the original thread (due to lack of Rogers knowledge). I'm glad that everything worked out in the end.

Also, it was very nice of Catherine to come back and express her gratitude. It's such a small thing, like in days gone past of writing a thank you note, that in actuality has such a big impact.

Kudos to Catherine from the community for such a kind and classy gesture (especially so as over the years we've seen more than a few hit-and-run / grab a bit of info and go type members)!!!

Posted on 4 years ago
Action Another action Something else here