Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Tempro three piece

Hi everybody, I'm new to the forum (and to the drums). I just got an old tempro (pearl?) kit in pink sparkle. It sounds good to my untrained ear, but I'm wondering if there anyone has advice for tlc and maintaining an old kit like this.

Thanks!

Posted on 14 years ago

Yep, buy mine and make it a fugga dugga kit in a mixed funky finish...

:DLaughing H

MY Dirty Little Collection
Posted on 14 years ago

Post some pix for us.

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 14 years ago

Hi "Bad Drummer", hehe,

Its great you have found a nice old set of drums. My only advice on maintaining them would be to keep them in cases during transport and ideally when stored, or at least wrapped in blankets and things.

The other thing is to remove any rust that might havestarted on the chromework before it gets any worse.

I'd love to see some pics too, if you're able.

And welcome aboard. Vintage drums are really interesting, and there's a wealth on this site of drums and aficionados.

BTW- its good you know your bad- you're teachable, hehe!

Posted on 14 years ago

From tada---da---da--da--daaaa

Hi "Bad Drummer", hehe,Its great you have found a nice old set of drums. My only advice on maintaining them would be to keep them in cases during transport and ideally when stored, or at least wrapped in blankets and things.The other thing is to remove any rust that might havestarted on the chromework before it gets any worse.I'd love to see some pics too, if you're able.And welcome aboard. Vintage drums are really interesting, and there's a wealth on this site of drums and aficionados. BTW- its good you know your bad- you're teachable, hehe!

hey, thanks for the advice! Fortunately the hardware is pristine, gleaming and rust free. The only flaw I can see is it's missing the pink sparkle wrap around the batter-side kick drum hoop. Im not sure how to post pics yet.....

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here