Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

Tempro snare history questions...

Hello, folks. I'm not a vintage-guy and I do hope to avoid stepping on any toes... I'll try to keep it brief. A few years ago my (now ex) wife came home from the dreaded 'town-wide garbage sale' with a Tempro snare drum. Im not having much luck finding ANY kind of history, so, here I am. :) My drum is in dern good shape with it's Pearl style throwoff, 2 reinforcment hoops, screw-type tone control and a fuscia-color-tiger-stripe-ish wrap that looks slightly more tasteful than something the guys from Poison would put on thier legs... It's actually quite a nice look if you're within a foot and a half of the drum. I'm no expert, but I get the impression it's an original 'finish'. I don't give a hoot about the value, as I'm going to bang away regardless. I would just love to find out as much as I can about where this thing may have come from. A simple search for 'Tempro drums' yielded little, but did get me here. I'll try to send along a picture as soon as I can. Thanks sooo much for reading and in advance for any help.

Posted on 16 years ago

Tempro is the badge-name of a "stencil" kit (made in Japan by either the Hoshino Company or the Pearl Company and labeled with NUMEROUS different badges and sold to various distributors as such). "Tempro" was just one of many names. They are collectible, but not highly valued. They aren't necessarily "bad" drums...but they were never meant to be really "good" drums, either. They were meant as cheap, available "first drum kit" drums. In fact, my first kit was a Tempro "Professional" -blue sparkle. It was horrible. I loved it.

You won't find much historical documentation about Tempro. There wasn't much reason to spend money on hyping them, so there wasn't much written about them.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 16 years ago

Please, give us a picture. I love seeing all these import drums fro this era and all the wild colors.

Isaac

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here