Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.46555%

Tan interior paint for Slingerland 3-ply Artist

Hi Dr. I own a Slingerland 3-ply Artist snare that is from the 1970-1972 period judging by it's badge, Black and Silver Niles, Ill serial #27466. I am planning to have it's interior repainted to it's original Tan-Beige color. A while ago I stripped it's interior-I wish I had not done that!!! At that time I was going for a natural maple inner ply look and was going to re-lacquer on top. But now have decided to have the interior repainted to, as close as possible, it's original look. I am not an expert painter, so I am seeking someone to do this for me. Who do you know of or recommend that does repainting of Shell interiors? I had e-mailed you about a month ago and you had sent me a photo, and had said that in my Artist's serial number range the Tan paint was thick, almost opaque. The only one I know of is Jack Lawton from Lawton Drums. His expertise is more with vintage Ludwig Drums, so I am not sure if he is the person to contact regarding repainting the interior of my Slingerland 3-ply Artist Snare. Any info or advice would be great. Thanks again for all your knowledge and expertise! Phil Cormier Fitchburg, Mass 01420

Posted on 17 years ago

[COLOR="Navy"]Phil:

Sure, I would think Jack could do a fine job restoring your snare drum interior. In fact I may recall that he has done this very thing on Slingerland drums before. Whether or not he has already done it he is very meticulous, so just tell him exactly what you are looking to do.

DrCJW[/COLOR]

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here