Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Tamco drums-

There is a Tamco drum set for sale on the Tampa,Fl.Craigslist.I remember seeing some of these sets when I lived in Florida.Anybody know anything about them?If I recall they were generic MIT construction.....

Posted on 14 years ago

I've been curious about them as well. The guy claims they are maple plies. Also, he assured me that they are in fact TAMCO, not Camco or Tama.

Posted on 14 years ago

Tama did sell drums that were made of maple with the Camco badge, and they are good shells, I know this first hand I have a set of the first generation. Tama may of combined their name with Camco and sold, but I have never seen a "Tamco" badge. From what I know that was just a nickname that was used.

FWIW, the shells that I have are maple with re-rings, some people say they are equivalent to the SuperStar made by Tama. All I know is the shells I have are very nice and I think they were actually Camco's left over as there is a slight white stain that has been somewhat removed, but is left slightly in the grain.

If the shells are maple and the hardware is decent, I'd pick them up if the price is right....

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 14 years ago

The Tamco set in question is for sale on Tampa,FL Craigslist.It has a unique large cloud shaped badge.Concert tom set,walnut looking color.

Posted on 14 years ago

I didn't see any concert tons, but if I lived close to them, I'd snatch them up in a second...

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 14 years ago

You are right-no concert toms.Must have confused them with one of the other 50 sets I looked at that night....I wish I could recall which music store I saw them in.Might have been a local independent called Paragon Music.They were the major Premier dealer for the area.Lots of APK's.Nice store,looked like a converted theater.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here