Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

Tama/Broadway frankenstein kit found

Hi guys.

I found a kit for sale locally that really got my attention.

As you notice on the pics, there are japanese Tama parts and some british looking stuff.

The seller told me on the phone that some parts are Broadway. I think he was talking about the snare and the floor tom. He said that there is a good Paiste cymbal, don't know if he was referring to the Brass Tones (if so must be joking :D ) or the ride/hihat. According to the color they seem to be brass made, but who knows?...

I am waiting for a response in order to check this in person but would like to have some input first, specially about the cymbals (ride/hats) and the Broadway stuff.

Cheers.

Posted on 7 years ago

The 3 pc. kit is English by the looks of it. One Rack tom and Baasdrum are Tama. Hi-hat and ride might be old 602's. I would check it out if he doesn't want millions for it.

Keep fixing them up...
Posted on 7 years ago

Don't know anything about Broadway but those Tama are probably the first ones released to the public after the name change. I have a tom and bass with the Perfect Percussion badge, no series and all Star hardware just like yours. With the offset sharktooth lugs on the tom, except my bass doesnt have the rail mount but the standard single post. They're probably painted silver inside and that finish is probably Silky Blue.

Posted on 7 years ago

Thank you for the input.

Posted on 7 years ago

That is only the second "Perfect Percussion" Tama set I have ever seen...a picture of. I thought the other set had the later Tama "Imperialstar" style lugs, but maybe not. Very uncommon...

Posted on 7 years ago

That's an interesting find.

Is the floor tom BDP? It's going to be challenging to find matching lugs for the reso side of the floor tom. Dig that snare stand! And those cymbals are intriguing as well. The ride looks like it could be a 24", no? Don't knock the brass tones! I did a recording session at a studio years ago and they had a Brass Tones ride and it was super dry and crashable. I loved it. Slingerland pedal? An odd yet very interesting array.

Posted on 7 years ago

The finish seems to be a kind of pearl. I suspect the snare was painted black, it should have the same finish as the FT.

Big ride for sure, maybe a 22 " (?) That's intriguing me as well. 24" would be perfect, I love big cymbals.

The bass drum pedal looks like Premier.

Hope to check it out tomorrow.

Posted on 7 years ago

Ok, the kit is mine now.

Ladies and gentlemen, look at this amazing finish!

I only took this photos. Will post more as soon as possible.

Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here