Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

Tama Swingstar - What's it worth?

Hi.. How is everyone doing? This is my first post in this forum and I'm wondering if anyone knows how much I should ask for an old Tama Swingstar drumkit. I know it's not really vintage, but I'm pretty sure it's one of the first swingstars made. It looks exactly like this SS522 at http://www.tama.com/history/history_detail.asp?i=47

It's the same color and in perfect condition besides the floor tom having a couple inch break where the shell was glued when made or whatever. I'm also selling it with a new model Tama Rockstar metal snare, drum chair, upper tom mounts, and floor tom legs.

I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me what I should ask for them. Their not the best drums, but their not crap. I just don't want to find out that I sold them for too cheap. Thanks a lot

Brad

Posted on 18 years ago

Is this for a private sale? ebay? trade?

Do you have an interested party?

It is hard to say but I would gather less then $300.

There are just so many options in the drum market at the moment at every different price point. If you have a person with cash in hand that makes up a lot for selling the drums.

So many times people think drums are worth so much, but they never have a buyer with cash. So if you do have a buyer then get what you can, because they can just move to the next seller.

David

Posted on 18 years ago

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking around $250 so I guess that's about right compared to what you've told me. No, I don't have any people interested because I haven't placed the ad yet. It's a free online ad so at least I won't be wasting any money with trying to sell it at this point.

Just curious, how much do you think a drum shop would charge to fix the broken seem where the shell is put together?

Brad

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here