Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.05219%

Tama Superstar lug help

I'm trying to piece together a cherry wine superstar from around '85. All I have are the shells. I can't afford the original hardware I can find on ebay and was wondering if any aftermarket lugs that will fit toms & bass drum. The toms appear to be 1 17/32" (39mm) spacing and the bass lugs around 3 3/8? I'm a total amateur on this type of thing, and any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Posted on 6 years ago

1 17/32" is very close to 1 1/2".

I would start at Drumfactory and try to find 1 1/2" Center to Center hole space lugs.

File holes just a little bit to fit.

Perhaps they also have BD lugs at 3 3/8 C to C.

10 Superstar BD Lugs on Ebay $50.00

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1980s-VINTAGE-TAMA-SUPERSTAR-10-BASS-DRUM-LARGE-LUGS-20-SCREWS-MADE-IN-JAPAN/183218423924?hash=item2aa8ab4874:g:1h0AAOSwB5tbLFmx:sc:USPSPriorityMailSmallFlatRateBox!91307!US!-1

BLAEMIRE DRUMS
Thanks to Mr. Jerry Jenkins
Posted on 6 years ago

I am building a seriously abused '77 Imperialstar set right now. One of the BD lugs had broken pegs.A screw won't hold it on now. I went through my junk pile and found a 2000's Rockstar BD lug, and the hole pattern is the same. You can probably buy a whole Rockstar set on C/L for the cost of the vintage lugs and bolt them on.I'd even say most if not all Tama lugs are going to be the same hole spacing. I see mid-grade Tama sets used on C/L for very cheap money.

Posted on 6 years ago

Thanks for the help! Much appreciated.

Posted on 6 years ago

any update on this? I'm currently building a beater kit out of some unused 80s Superstar drums (18" floortom will be the bass drum). Do the RS lugs fit the same? thanks!

Posted on 2 years ago

Of all the 1980's and probably early 1990's Tama bass drums used the same hole spacing....Superstar, Imperialstar, Royalstar, Swingstar, Rockstar.

The bass drum lugs might be approx 3" long.....but the whole spacing is 2-3/8" and that's what counts.

Distressed Imperialstar kits are one way to find cheap parts for a Superstar kit. You can sometimes buy a 4 pc shell pack of Imperialstars for $200. Bass drums alone can be bought for $90-$110....and they have $200-$275 in parts on them.

Posted on 2 years ago

For those of you robbing Imperialstar drums, I would be interested in any Midnight Blue shells leftover...

MY Dirty Little Collection
Posted on 2 years ago
Action Another action Something else here