Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.66180%

Tama SD lug mounting screw spacing.

I got a 5" x 14" Tama Imperialstar snare sent up from Florida by my son but the lugs are in terrible shape. While shopping for replacements I've noticed the what I BELIEVE to be 1 15/16 hole spacing is unique to Tama. Any suggestions for reasonably priced replacement lugs?

Posted on 9 years ago

You are correct with the spacing! Tama uses the same spacing as Rogers Beavertail snare drum lugs... 1-15/16". Your choice of lugs will be limited. Pretty much all current Tama snare lugs for your depth drum will also be 1-15/16". I had a COB Dynasonic snare shell just sitting around. I slightly elongated the holes to accommodate 2" tube lugs. The drum turned out very nice...and looked good, too!

-Mark

Posted on 9 years ago

I had tried some generic Pearl double-ended lugs and noticed I could get them to work. And nothing on 3bay right now. That Dyna looks good. What is that strainer?

Posted on 9 years ago

I put custom tube lugs from a company called All Star on my Tama snare. They are adjustable…

[IMG]http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=64253&d=1406618276[/IMG]

MY Dirty Little Collection
Posted on 9 years ago

Those are nice. I'll price them out.

Posted on 9 years ago

From teverson-sr

I had tried some generic Pearl double-ended lugs and noticed I could get them to work. And nothing on 3bay right now. That Dyna looks good. What is that strainer?

The strainer is called the "Stealth" and I got it from Drum Supply House some years ago. It's also the strainer that Taye used for many years. Seems like it's getting tough to find, though. The mounting screw spacing is adjustable, so fit the existing Dyna holes.

-Mark

Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here