Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Tama Royal Star chrome snare drum

Hi There,

This is my first post! I need help obtaining an age and metal type for a tama royal star (round badge with star on it) chrome snare drum. It has a copy of the old zoomatic style throw-off on it. Can anybody tell me if its a plated brass shell, or how old it is?? Thanks. bigz

Posted on 18 years ago

There are a few other posts about that drum on this forum. Use the search box at the top third from the left.

I believe they have a metal shell. You can see if a magnet sticks to

the metal. If it does it is for sure steel.

Let me know if you can't find the information and I will try and help find it for you

David

Webmaster

Posted on 18 years ago

HI David,

i cant find any other information on this drum on the forum, what i really want to know is if its a COB drum, without having to remove a lug and file a lug hole. Thanks.

Posted on 18 years ago

Test it with a magnet. That will give you a quick answer.

Use a low power magnet.

David

Click Here

Posted on 18 years ago

Thanks for the help David, to be sure i removed a lug whilst cleaning drum and lightly filled a tiny bit of chrome away. It is a pinky / orange metal which i believe is either copper or bronze. I dont know what would have been more likely at the time of manufacture, to be honest i dont know when it was made. Its slightly heavier than a steel drum, even with its triple flange hoops!

Bigzband3

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here