Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Tama King Beat pedal parts? Help!?

I'm looking for some obscure, small parts for a 1970s Tama King Beat pedal that I've just acquired.

I need the "eyelet" bolt and accompanying nut that secure the beater shaft into the pedal.

I also need one of the knurled bolts that act as spurs and the accompanying spring, though that's not quite so important.

Anyone know who might have these?

(PS I'm in SW Wales, UK)

Posted on 6 years ago

Those might be tough parts to find! I see these pedals often on eBay, but not sure how easy to find in the UK. Still, you may want to consider a complete pedal for parts. Of course, you never know what our members have lying around in their parts bins!

-Mark

Posted on 6 years ago

Thanks Mark

I've been in touch with Vincent of Polyphonic drum, who may be able to help.

But just in case, if anyone has any of these parts, please let me know?

Thanks

Del

Posted on 6 years ago

Email sent.

Vintage STAR (= Pre-Tama) website: www.star-drums.de
Posted on 6 years ago

From delboydrums

I'm looking for some obscure, small parts for a 1970s Tama King Beat pedal that I've just acquired.I need the "eyelet" bolt and accompanying nut that secure the beater shaft into the pedal.I also need one of the knurled bolts that act as spurs and the accompanying spring, though that's not quite so important.Anyone know who might have these?(PS I'm in SW Wales, UK)

I have some extras of those particular parts, but they're from the Hi-Beat pedal (I'm assuming that they're the same parts). The eyelet bolt has a wing nut on it that's not original, but it is functional.

Posted on 6 years ago

This is why I love this forum. You just never know who has an obscure item in their parts bin!

-Mark

Posted on 6 years ago

From 8upwithit

I have some extras of those particular parts, but they're from the Hi-Beat pedal (I'm assuming that they're the same parts). The eyelet bolt has a wing nut on it that's not original, but it is functional.

Thanks 8upwithit - I'm 99.9% certain that the eyelet bolt and wingnut are exactly the same, and the spur bolts look the same too.

I'm waiting to hear back from Ralf (star drums website) who is hoping to help. Failing that, I shall get back to you ASAP.

I'm still open to any advice / guidance on stripping / refurbing this beast of a pedal!!

Many thanks again!

Posted on 6 years ago

Hello Del,

I just sent you an email. Do you mean these 'King Beat' bass drum pedals (left: earlier Star model, right: later Tama version) ?

Cheers, Ralf

Vintage STAR (= Pre-Tama) website: www.star-drums.de
Posted on 6 years ago

Not those - the chunky 70s version

Posted on 6 years ago

Many thanks to Ralf for his kind help in locating the missing parts and getting them to me from Germany.

I have stripped, de-greased and cleaned all of the King Beat parts.

I'm still hoping for any advice from anyone who has successfully refurbished one of these monsters!?! This looks like it's going to be really tricky!

Any words of wisdom, anyone???

Posted on 6 years ago
Action Another action Something else here