Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

Tama Imps - Mixing Early Re-ring with Later non Re-Ring?

I bought a early to mid-70s Tama Imp kit with the thinner shells with the reinforcement rings. I found some 85/86 toms in the same color, but obviously they are the thicker shells with no rings and no mufflers. Will these toms sound similar enough? I plan to use coated heads top and bottom for the dry 70s sound.

Posted on 3 years ago

Outfit the drums with the same head combination and tension them to the desired pitch. Not even Eric Johnson's ears could tell the difference. Actually, Eric's long-time drummer Tommy Taylor is reported to be more obsessive than Eric about achieving the elusive perfect tone. I know them both, and admire their playing talents. But, I have never had the opportunity to play music with either of them.

No matter how far you push the envelope, it is still stationery.
Posted on 3 years ago

I was given 3 imp toms,12,13,14.The 12 and 14 were reringed, the 13 was not.I ran clear pins on batter,clear amps on reso,and they blended just fine,as I remember the bearing edges were pretty similar.

Posted on 3 years ago
Action Another action Something else here