Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.65762%

Tama Imperialstar

I have had this kit for a couple of years now and I have researched it. It has all the right lugs / quick release dampers / bass drum hoops / tom post / bass drum legs / all drums are badged made in Japan. What I find odd is that the bass drum rims are not reinforced however the tom rims are slightly reinforced but instead of the zola coating inside the drums they have a dark grey finish.Could anyone out there please advise.

Cheers Drumit

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Without the re-rings on the bass drum...I would think that that shell is a Swingstar. But if it's badged Imperialstar, that's interesting. The grey, non-Zola finish....that is something I have never seen before. Is there a Tama forum ? Maybe you can inquire there.

or you can also try George Lawrence, he just started a cool forum here:

http://www.vintagedrummuseum.com/forum/index.php

[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

Hi Jaye

Thank's for your reply, I have had a very close look at the grey finish to see if at some stage some one had painted the shells. By checking under the damper fittings and lug screws i'm able to say if the shells were painted everything had been removed, However I have noticed some grey on the eye's holding the badges in place ?

What I have not yet said is these drums sound amazing very loud with massive attack, Thank you again for your reply.

Cheers drumit

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Hmmm...other idea would be, somehow, to see if you can peek under the edge of the wrap ...the Zola spray usually went a bit on the exterior of the shells as well...the wrap usually overlapped it by an inch or so....[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here