Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.45303%

Tama Imperialstar Snare?????

I just acquired a Tama Imerialstar snare drum which is 14x5.5 I believe. It is in mint ORIGINAL condition and was purchased from the original owner who had said he couldn't remember what year it was he had bought it, but that it has to have been over 20 years ago. I couldn't believe the condition of this drum when he uncovered it. 100% original even the heads, which also look new. I couldn't find 1 scratch on this drum. It has die cast hoops. The drum does have the parallel strainer setup with adjusters on either side. This was what they called the King Beat snare drum???? I also was given a snare stand which has a sticker on it that reads NEW by Tama and it looks like the snare stands of today with the offset arms. Was this one of the first Tama snare stands designed like this? That also is in mint condition. The pics are of the drum in as found condition. I hadn't cleaned it, and I'm afraid to clean any gunk that may be on it as I'll die if I put the slightest scratch in it!! I recieved a pair of 5A H Fibes drums sticks, which I assume is a rarity?? What is a drum like this worth today? Thanks all!!!! (the plastic bag is holding the original drum key in it)

Posted on 18 years ago

Exactly which Tama badge? The T shaped one?

Nice drum, sells for at least $200 or more. I was looking for one for

a project so I checked Ebay regularly.

Cool that it was in that shape when you found it. Those are nice scores

and they do not come around very often at all.

David

Posted on 18 years ago

Yes, T shaped badge serial number 107118. Can the serial number help identify the year? WOW thanks for the quick response and price range David!!I guess I got it for a good price then.......... $50 for all of it oh and a Werco practice pad as well. Cool

Posted on 18 years ago

Good deal. I got my Imperislatar ( same model as yours ) for $40 a few months back. One of the best sounding snare drums in my arsenol.Congrats on the good buy.

18 Kits & 40+ snares..
Not a Guru, just addicted to drums

- Jay
Posted on 18 years ago

Hi - got one if these with my superstar kit - obviously not in this kind of condition - that's quite a find! How do you tune the thing though? And what does that bar going though it do - can't get it sounding punchy at all?!

Tama Superstar, 22, 22, 16, 14, 13 Desert Burst
Premier Genista, 22, 16, 13, 12 Black Lacquer
Premier Genista, 20, 14, 10 and snare Black Lacquer
Premier Resonator 22, 16, 14, 13 poly creme/black
Zickos 22, 16, 14, 13, clear acrylic and snare
Posted on 17 years ago

Brody..you tune it as you would any other drum.There is no speial trick there.And the bar you refer to is for the strainer.Tama used a pretty cool system with the Imperialstar snares ( a few other compaines have employed the same system ) basically its designed so that if you wish to raise the snares both sides raise equal and lower equal.As opposed to the common butt plate / strainer system which will generally leave a slight slope in the snare wires since the butt plate holds and the strainer moves.And for mine I use a remo ambassador reso head and a coated emporer on top and the snare sounds beautiful.

18 Kits & 40+ snares..
Not a Guru, just addicted to drums

- Jay
Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here