Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

TAMA Imperialstar BOP Kit

I've been considering picking up a BOP kit but am not thrilled with those featuring 16" bass drums.

I noticed the TAMA Imperialstar BOP kit, which I believe comes with an 18" bass drum, 12" rack tom and 14" floor tom. Just wondering if any of you own, or have played, one of these? If so, I'd love to hear the good, bad and ugly of this particular kit. I see that it can be purchased new for only $299 with free shipping. That seems almost too good to be true.

Posted on 8 years ago

Gary,

I believe there has been some discussion of this over on DFO. Look around over there - as in recent months (current $299 deal) had sparked the discussion/thread.

-John

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 8 years ago

From Drummerjohn333

Gary,I believe there has been some discussion of this over on DFO. Look around over there - as in recent months (current $299 deal) had sparked the discussion/thread.-John

Thanks! Shall do.

Posted on 8 years ago

I had a Stagestar which was superceded by the current Imperialstar bop kit model. The inner shell finish and bearing edges were fairly ordinary compared with lower end Tama gear of yesteryear. The wrap was pretty much ready to fall off the bass drum as well (would have been about 8 years old at the time).

I have seen the Silverstar bop kits in the same configuration however and the shells looked very good.

Posted on 8 years ago

From dukekamaya

I had a Stagestar which was superceded by the current Imperialstar bop kit model. The inner shell finish and bearing edges were fairly ordinary compared with lower end Tama gear of yesteryear. The wrap was pretty much ready to fall off the bass drum as well (would have been about 8 years old at the time).I have seen the Silverstar bop kits in the same configuration however and the shells looked very good.

Appreciate the input!

Posted on 8 years ago

I picked up a used Stagestar 10-12-18-14 a couple years ago from a young kid who wanted a better kit $200 (some supportive charity in there). My experience has been that it has held up wonderfully. I have gigged it... dragged it to practice spaces... I truly love this cheap little kit. The cymbals it came with are junk and the snare drum is not great but for what it is... I would purchase another Tama bop kit without hesitation. Walking

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 8 years ago

I picked up a used Stagestar 10-12-18-14 a couple years ago from a young kid who wanted a better kit $200 (some supportive charity in there). My experience has been that it has held up wonderfully. I have gigged it... dragged it to practice spaces... I truly love this cheap little kit. The cymbals it came with are junk and the snare drum is not great but for what it is... I would purchase another Tama bop kit without hesitation. Walking

I appreciate your time and the information provided!

Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here