Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.66180%

Tama Imperialstar 13" tom

Hey All. I know its not really vintage in the traditional manner that most of the people on this site are here for, but I am looking for a Tama Imperialstar 9"x13" double headed tom in Royal Blue (I think that was the name of the color. It's certainly not Midnight Blue). Anyone have any suggestions/ help for me?

Posted on 15 years ago

From bigdrumtuner

Hey All. I know its not really vintage in the traditional manner that most of the people on this site are here for, but I am looking for a Tama Imperialstar 9"x13" double headed tom in Royal Blue (I think that was the name of the color. It's certainly not Midnight Blue). Anyone have any suggestions/ help for me?

Just about any of the Japanese drums on eBay are going to fit the bill, since the higher percentage of the 60-70's Japanese drums are from the Star plant anyway. Take your time and look carefully. Finding the exact wrap may not be so easy, but the shell is there right now, in spades. [COLOR="Red"]Look in drums->toms[/COLOR]. Is your kit the thicker mahoganey, or the 3 ply/rings? Those 13s seem to be more in demand. There are plenty there, in both types, but they seem to be more in demand than the 12. I can get all the 12s I want, but getting a 13 in my exact color, blue sparkle, is almost impossible, unless I want to just really get skrewed. There are those of us here that are staring to collect the Japanese drums because they are so affordable. Not worth much, but a lot of bang for the buck!

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here