Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Tama Imperial Star

Snare drum.Are these brass or steel shells?..Also,would a 6.5 all original in mint condition be worth 200??.IYO.

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 13 years ago

Need photos.If we're talking about the Kingbeat model for instance,it has a heavy chrome plated steel shell and came in 5 and 6 1/2x14,die cast rims,paralell strainer,with an Imperialstar badge,althought it is refered to in the catalog as a mastercraft series.Tama did make some spun brass as well as bell brass drums,without chrome plating,some with imperialstar badges,some with superstar,swingstar badges....you get the picture.If the drum is indeed the model I mentioned above,then 200 in "mint"condition would be a good buy.If the drum has a swingstar badge...not so much.

The only way to make sure is with several clear photo's of the drum

Steve B

Posted on 13 years ago

From tamadrm

Need photos.If we're talking about the Kingbeat model for instance,it has a heavy chrome plated steel shell and came in 5 and 6 1/2x14,die cast rims,paralell strainer,with an Imperialstar badge,althought it is refered to in the catalog as a mastercraft series.Tama did make some spun brass as well as bell brass drums,without chrome plating,some with imperialstar badges,some with superstar,swingstar badges....you get the picture.If the drum is indeed the model I mentioned above,then 200 in "mint"condition would be a good buy.If the drum has a swingstar badge...not so much.The only way to make sure is with several clear photo's of the drumSteve B

I agree. You should, if you can, get better pix, lugs, shell, etc. Parallel strainer certainly makes for a better drum, regardless.

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 13 years ago

Under the Imperialstar line, all of the metal snare drums were heavy-gauge steel shells, and damn, do they pack a wallop! Excellent snare drums, and they will take your head off. The KingBeat is also nicknamed the "DTS" or "Deadly Teenage Snare". I think it's self-explanatory. :D

JR Frondelli
www.frondelli.com
www.dbmproaudio.com

Mediocre is the new "good"
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here