Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Tama Camco pedal..??

Does this pedal look right and original or has it been cabbaged together?? Might keep it if it is right.

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 8 years ago

Looks correct to me. I've got the same pedal. I'll double check tomorrow when I get home from work but I'm 99% sure that's original setup.

-Justin

"People might look at you a bit funny, but it's okay. Artists are allowed to be a bit different."- Bob Ross

"After silence, that which comes closest to expressing the inexpressible is music..." - Aldous Huxley
Posted on 8 years ago

Nothing wrong with that pedal. I have one I use all the time and that's a perfect match. Yours might be a little cleaner than mine though... Yes, keep it. They're really very good. There's a post on the General Forum about everyone's "Go-To" pedal, and this one pops up more than once!

Posted on 8 years ago

Ok!! Thanks... I use a Tama pedal occasionally now. I'll give this one a ride... maybe at rehearsal tonight. :)

Posted on 8 years ago

I really like mine. I use this pedal the majority of the time.

-Justin

"People might look at you a bit funny, but it's okay. Artists are allowed to be a bit different."- Bob Ross

"After silence, that which comes closest to expressing the inexpressible is music..." - Aldous Huxley
Posted on 8 years ago

Your pedal is 100% original.. Great pedal and every bit just as famous as the Speed King (which i think was total crap. Sorry Ludwig guys.. I'm a Ludwig guy myself, but that pedal...meh..No thanks..;) I bought the reissue Camco a few years back and it was true to the original, but with a better spring lock feature. I used an original for a few years back in the 90's and it was the best pedal at the time for me. I even bought the first Iron Cobra pedal that came out, and was amazed with all the new pedal "features" Tama had innovated. But it wasn't the same as the Camco.. The Camco was lighter, faster, and i actually had more power. The IC seemed sluggish because of it's beefier build, and that added weight. I sold the Camco reissue because of my ankle issues (fractured it 15 years back) and now use the Pearl Eliminator Power Shifter because of it's versatility. I've said it before and i'll say it again.

If Tama ever comes up with a double chain version with a foot plate and interchangeable cams, i'm on board ! Yes Sir

Posted on 8 years ago

Wow... I'm excited about this pedal. Thanks for the great info. I picked up this odd ball mix of stuff with a Ludwig craigslist purchase... got to sort the cymbals out next.

THANKS again!!Walking

Posted on 8 years ago

As somebody that has owned those pedals in the past ,they do vary .

I had the same pedals ,but the cams were different sized on some of them.

So if you had a double bass setup,they did not match exactly.

Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here