Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Surprising Dynasonic Outcome

This Dynasonic went through a complete auction cycle on eBay without selling for $1200 plus $45 shipping. An original Dynasonic in blue onyx finish for $1200. Yikes!!!

I was sorely tempted, but can't justify buying it at this particularly moment even though it would look really nice with my blue onyx kit. I'm in the process of purchasing the item in the second photo and other items are in the back seat for now.

Still, I'm finding it hard to believe we all let it pass.

2 attachments
Posted on 3 years ago

Dan!

I checked out that Dynasonic! Yes, it appeared to be a nice drum, although better pictures would have helped! Still, my vote is for the item in your second photo! Good luck!

-Mark

Posted on 3 years ago

With all that woodwork, I sure hope that is a fresh water boat! I have memories of having to re-varnish the Teak and Mahogany every year on our live-aboard in Florida when I was in high school.

1974-75 Rogers Starlighter IV New England White 13/16/22 (w/Dyna)
1964-67 Rogers Blue Glass Glitter 12/14/16/20
early Oaklawn Camco Blue Moire 12/14/20
1926 Super Ludwig 5x14
1960-ish Ludwig COB 5x14 Super Sensitive
1960-ish Ludwig COB 6.5x14 Super Sensitive
1970 Ludwig COB Cut-Badge 5x14 Supra Phonic

Looking for a Camco Aristocrat SD in Blue Moire!!
Posted on 3 years ago

The two best days of owning a wooden boat are the day you buy it and the day you sell it...;)

Posted on 3 years ago

If I had any blue onyx Rogers, I would have been there, but not going to start a new infatuation just because of a hot Dyna. Wait, what am I saying?????

John/Levelpebble

Tama Superstar 81 Aqua bop
Rogers Cleveland BDP (x2), Silver bop, Champagne, Black/Gold Duco, WMP, Blue sparkle; Dayton Red Onyx;
Camco Oaklawn 12 14 20 5x14 Tuxedo WMP
LW 59 SC Blue Sparkle, WMP
WFL Gold Sparkle SC, WMP Compacto
Gretsch 49/50 Broadkaster WMP
Fibes Copper Forte
Remo MasterEdge Bop, Gold Crown, Mondo
Slingerland Conway Black Satin
70's MIJ Del Ray, my first and fav ok I'm lying here
Way Too Many Snares, She Says
Posted on 3 years ago

Maybe I should name the boat Blue Onyx in memory of that lost opportunity. Boating is even more ridiculous than collecting vintage drums and wooden boating maybe the worst of all. No argument there. But it can be as much if not more fun. Boating got in my veins from an even earlier age than drums. Sports cars too. Yes, I'm as stupid a they come, but having a good time nevertheless. Of course, I've had to wait until this stuff was so old it didn't cost much. ;)

Back on the relevant subject, I notice it is missing today. Someone must have made contact to cut a deal. Congrats if it was one of you'all. I would have enjoyed it, but just couldn't make myself pull the trigger even though you'd have to go back close to 20 years to see that price for that drum.

2 attachments
Posted on 3 years ago
Action Another action Something else here