Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Supreme or Star Leg Mounts for Floor Tom

PLEASE! I am desperately trying to restore a set of sixties Supreme Drums, a stencil of Star. Does anyone have a photo or, have a good idea of what the leg mounts for the floor tom would look like on my set? The mounts are the same. Two of them however, have key type tighteners with two holes drilled in each mount. The other has a single "L" shaped tightener with one hole. This project is driving me crazy! I think I'll take up guitar!!! Thank you people!

Brian

Just a drummer who loves all things about vintage drums! Nothing more, nothing less.
Posted on 14 years ago

Salty, here are some pics of the Star floor tom leg mounts. They are the 8 sided mounts with 1 wing screw. The first pic is the mount on my WMP Star made Apollo floor tom. The pic without the wing screw is from a red sparkle floor tom that I'm fixing up. (If anyone has an extra one of these, please let me know - I only have 2.)

There was an earlier floor tom leg mount type (not sure what they are called) - Jonnistix has them on his WMP set, but those are Pearl drums, I think.

You should post some pics of your Supreme project. We'd very much like to see it. Before and 'in process' pics are always welcome! (Let me know if you need help posting pics.)

2 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

From salty 1322

PLEASE! I am desperately trying to restore a set of sixties Supreme Drums, a stencil of Star. Does anyone have a photo or, have a good idea of what the leg mounts for the floor tom would look like on my set? The mounts are the same. Two of them however, have key type tighteners with two holes drilled in each mount. The other has a single "L" shaped tightener with one hole. This project is driving me crazy! I think I'll take up guitar!!! Thank you people! Brian

If you could post some photos that would help..I more than likey have the mounts if you need them on the pearl/tama stencil sets they used two types of floor tom leg mounts ones like were posted and ones that were copys of Ludwig "Club date" floor toms..Mikey

Posted on 14 years ago

Dear Mikey 777 and cn 679,

Again, I just want to thank such wonderful people for coming to the aid of a perfect stranger. I appreciate your help and input more than you can imagine!

Mikey 777 stated that he might have the type of floor tom leg mounts I need. They are the type that cn 679 posted the first picture of. In case Mikey doesn't have such items, I am searching for two. Someone drilled extra holes into mine. Not acceptable to someone trying to get his old Supreme kit back to original.

Once again, THANK YOU VERY MUCH, great people of The Drum Forum!!!

Brian

Just a drummer who loves all things about vintage drums! Nothing more, nothing less.
Posted on 14 years ago

From salty 1322

PLEASE! I am desperately trying to restore a set of sixties Supreme Drums, a stencil of Star. Does anyone have a photo or, have a good idea of what the leg mounts for the floor tom would look like on my set? The mounts are the same. Two of them however, have key type tighteners with two holes drilled in each mount. The other has a single "L" shaped tightener with one hole. This project is driving me crazy! I think I'll take up guitar!!! Thank you people! Brian

Brian,its a done deal..Emailed you my paypal info..Mikey

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here