Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Supreme Double Toms

Does anyone out there happen to know if Supreme Drums ( Japan, 60's ) ever built a kit with double toms mounted on the bass? I don't think so but, I am still learning. I certainly would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Just a drummer who loves all things about vintage drums! Nothing more, nothing less.
Posted on 14 years ago

It seems that most stencil sets came as 4 pieces, especially earlier on, but there were 12 and 13" double mounted toms and double mounted 12s as well.

Post some pics of what you've got for further discussion!

Posted on 14 years ago

I have a late 60s Majestic-Star-that has twin 12s. 20-12-12-14 and original wood snare. Very cool little set up. Sounds great for a 45 year old set of MIJ crap, according to many of our bretheren....

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 14 years ago

Starting in 68 the Pearl catalog carried the "ThunderKing" a double tom set up. It seems to me that as rock became more popular- double tom kits became more popular in stencil designs. I would strongly suspect that by "70, all the stencil companies had double tom outfits.

For info. & live schedule:
www.EricWiegmanndrums.com
*Odery Drums Japan endorser/ representative
*Japan Distributor of Vruk DrumMaster pedals
*D'Addario Japan Evans/Promark/Puresound
*Amedia Cymbals Japan

It's the journey not the destination.
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here