Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Supraphonic - Baseball Bat Muffler

I just bought a 1966 Supra with the white baseball bat muffler.

From what I can see looking thru the bottom head, the muffler does not have enough clearance at the top head to be positioned properly. I know this type muffler did not last very longer but shouldn't I be able to "spin" it into place ?

If not it's no big deal as this baby sings just fine without it and I can always use a thin O'ring or some other device if necessary.

Thanks, John

Posted on 17 years ago

Well...without looking at it, I would guess that it might be flipped to the "wrong" side. In other words, the BB muffler engages "on" or "off" in a half-arc. If, when the heads got changed, it happened to get flipped all the way over to the other side then it won't have enough clearance in that one direction (arc) to engage properly. I've had it happen to me before. I initially thought that it would engage from either direction, but no. Check it out and barring that as the solution, I would probably need to see some pictures.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 17 years ago

Looks like thats it.........why couldn't I figure that out....duh

Here's the drum...I feel I got a very good deal. There is some pitting but it should clean up nicely after a good polish. Overall very nice players drum.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=004&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=140134577169&rd=1&rd=1

Posted on 17 years ago

You got a VERY good deal, my friend! That's a beautiful one! Nice score!

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here