Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.86013%

Supra v. Super Sensitive: what's the dif?

I've never had the pleasure of playing a Supra and a Super Sensitive next to each other. To my Ludwig expert buddies: What are the main differences in sound? (I do know their snare systems are different. That much I know! :p )

And, of course, I'm talkin' 'bout models from, say, 1964-70....

Posted on 14 years ago

i can honestly say, having a supra, super, and acro....not too much. supra and super very close to each other, and tuned up you can get a nice crack out of an acro too.

30's Radio King - 26, 13, 13, 16
49 - WFL Ray McKinley - 26, 13, 16
58 - Slingerland Duco
58 - Slingerland Krupa Deluxe
70 - Ludwig Champagne Sparkle - 20, 12, 14
70 - Ludwig Champagne Sparkle - 22 (need), 13, 16
And some others..
Posted on 14 years ago

jp. that really is the difference it is the snare strainer system, the shells are basically the same, the year model your speaking of from the super sensitive stand point has 2 different strainer mounts,go with a 400-402 supra if you play electric music, rock, blues,country, IE anything moderate to loud volume, the super sensitive system is a pain in electric situations, this has been my experience, and have owned several super sensitives,i own one now, get a supra phonic, the most recorded snare drum on the planet

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

funny on the recording thing....my son went the studio this last summer to record and we brought our supra, when we got there, the sound engineer had a keystone supra ready to go, and the producer had brought his too.

30's Radio King - 26, 13, 13, 16
49 - WFL Ray McKinley - 26, 13, 16
58 - Slingerland Duco
58 - Slingerland Krupa Deluxe
70 - Ludwig Champagne Sparkle - 20, 12, 14
70 - Ludwig Champagne Sparkle - 22 (need), 13, 16
And some others..
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here