Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.26305%

super to supra

i received from a family friend last year, a 70's supersensative snare in pieces. yes, pieces. it was badly pitted, and scratched and scarred. i sanded to a nice sheen of brushed ludalloy to remove all of the pits and used automotive paint and painted the shell a black with silver flakes. now i need your guys' help. of course one of the strainers plastic pieces were broken and is now rendered worthless so i have decided to convert it to a supraphonic snare.

1. has anyone on here done this? and what is involved?

2. should i? i figured why not, since i had to paint it and it's now considered a "players" piece rather than a historical vintage piece.

Posted on 13 years ago

Yeah, go for it. You already sanded and painted it, so why not? I think the only difference between a super and supra was the strainer and butt plate. So, just get a P85 for $20 and a butt plate. I'd love to see this thing. Did you actually sand off the chrome? Or just rough out up?

Posted on 13 years ago

I sanded the chrome smooth, then roughed it up. I used automotive paint primer about 6 coats, then 4 coats of paint and 3 coats of clear. It needs a good last wet sand and final clear coat. I got tired of fooling with it and put it back together. Turned out incredible though. I'll get some pics together and throw them on here.

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here