Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.85804%

Super Sensitive 40 year old birthday

Today is my snare drum's birthday. Date stamp 4/18/69 serial# 701174.

I have finished polishing and repairing it. So today I think I'll buy a new Evans batter "EC1" for it's birthday. The head on it now is still new "Remo coated powerstroke" sounds good but want to try the Evans. This snare is in great shape. What's a 40 year old like this worth?

No amount of planning will ever replace dumb luck.
Posted on 15 years ago

Very nice drum. Do you know if it's COB or not?

In that condition they are going for $200 - $300+. If it's COB $500 - $1000.

If insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results, is it insane to practice?
Posted on 15 years ago

It's not COB. A magnet sticks to it and I've had it apart including the lug assembly's and don't see any brass in the bolt holes. The plastic parts on the throwoff are new, but I still have the cracked and broken original parts. I made the parts in a machine shop (copied them to the tee) from a plastic material similar to nylon. They work great.

Posted on 15 years ago

From Allen Bamm

It's not COB. A magnet sticks to it and I've had it apart including the lug assembly's and don't see any brass in the bolt holes. The plastic parts on the throwoff are new, but I still have the cracked and broken original parts. I made the parts in a machine shop (copied them to the tee) from a plastic material similar to nylon. They work great.

A magnet SHOULDN'T stick to it no matter what. Magnets don't stick to brass or aluminum, which your drum should be. If it does stick to it, I'd have to question the provinence of this drum. I surely hope you are mistaken.

Posted on 15 years ago

I just tried the magnet test again using a low grade magnet strip and

there is no attraction on the inside. There is a slight attraction to the outside but not as hard as when on chromed metal like the strainer guards.

Posted on 15 years ago

Love, love, love my Ludalloy '74 5x14 SS. I just bought a mixer and some mics. Does anyone know how I might post a sound file here?

Can't beat straight up Remo Ambassador's on this drum.

I got mine for just $80 at a local pawn shop with case, but it needed heads, snares, and a serious cleaning. I've seen similar condition examples go for anywhere from $225-$450 on eBay.

Slingerland Zildjian Aquarian
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here