Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.25887%

Super Classic V Downbeat

Hi all

Can anyone tell me how I can identify different Ludwig 60's models?

Obviously you can tell Club Dates, but what about telling a Super Classic from a Downbeat?

Are Hollywoods just a 2 Tom config?

Thanks

Posted on 15 years ago

Super Classic is 22/16/13, Downbeat is 20/14/12.

Posted on 15 years ago

From swissoff

Hi allCan anyone tell me how I can identify different Ludwig 60's models?Obviously you can tell Club Dates, but what about telling a Super Classic from a Downbeat?Are Hollywoods just a 2 Tom config?Thanks

The blonde models usually hailed from the west coast. The darker haired models were more southern. The brown and red hair tones were oddly enough from the midwest. I wouldn't have thought that, but there you go.

If you check out the Vintage Drum Guide, it has cat pics of pretty much each set with the names. Take a look at the hardware and bass mounts and the sizes of the drums. You can get a real clear picture of these i.d.'s. Pretty cool stuff.

Posted on 15 years ago

From bonzoquinn

Super Classic is 22/16/13, Downbeat is 20/14/12.

Cheers Bonzoquinn

Posted on 15 years ago

The reason I suggested for you to peruse the cats on the Vintage Drum Guide is because it's not that straightforward. The Super Classic, Club Date, and such were available in more than one configuration. The Super Classic was available with a 14 inch floor tom instead of the 16. The Club Date had a 22/13/15 config and a 20/12/14 etc etc etc and on and on. These are not questions that can be so easily answered. If you explore the cats, you will get an idea of the choices that were available. There are generalizations, and that's usually what we work from. I just wanted you to have the entire picture.

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here