Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.05637%

Suggestions On Completing A Vistalite Kit

I picked up a Ludwig Blue Vistalite Kit last week-end at what I believe to be an extremely reasonable price. However, the kit didn't come with a snare drum.

I currently own a Ludwig Acrolite, Ludwig COB Supraphonic, Ludwig Ludalloy Supraphonic, and Ludwig Clear Vistalite snare.

I'm looking for suggestions as to which of the above snares would complement the kit the best -- both sound-wise and cosmetically.

Obviously, if I can find a blue vistalite snare down the road to complete the kit that would be great, but until then?

ALSO................... Anyone out there know the easiest and safest way to remove masking tape residue from a Supraphonic shell without doing any damage to it in the form of scratches, etc.?

THANKS in advance for your input!Help2

1 attachments
Posted on 16 years ago

May as well play the kits' cousin, the clear vistalite.

For the tape residue try nail polish remover.

Posted on 16 years ago

Nice... I really hope I can stumble across a set of Vistalites at a reasonable price someday... I've got my eye on a Tequilla Sunrise kit.. but I'm going to have to wait for the pawn shop owner to die so his son-in-law can put a "resonable' price on it (and everything else in the shop)... owner is old and mean, so there's hope.. I don't wish the guy ill, I sincerely hope he goes quick and painlessly.. like slips under a bus or something.electricit

Kidding aside..:rolleyes:

Here would be a sweet project to match up with that kit!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ACRYLIC-VISTALITE-BLUE-6-x-14-SNARE-DRUM-SHELL-NEW_W0QQitemZ330211885106QQihZ014QQcategoryZ38095QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Maybe move the VL clear hardware on to this shell... except the badge, too big a pain to move those.

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 16 years ago

I suggest Eucalytus oil for removing the tape or sticky residue. It is less harsh and does a good job.

Posted on 16 years ago

I wouldn't use nail polosh remover...it is acetone based and may damage the shells. I would go with WD-40 or Goo-Gone.

Hey, I might have a 12 piece Tequila Sunrise kit available???

Posted on 16 years ago

THANKS to all for the feedback!

VADRUMS: The kit you mentioned would make me like a "kid on Christmas morning!" Unfortunately, I'm working on a budget.

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here