Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.66388%

Suggestions on a COW Sling snare

I picked up a 70's COW sling snare on EB the other day, and was really displeased with the condition of the wrap, the seller described it as "really clean wrap with only a few scratches" when I got it, the wrap was peeling, and flaking, I did get a partial refund, but now I'm unsure as to what to do about the wrap. If I go use chrome to rewrap, what do you guys use for chrome wrap for vintage snares? better yet, does anyone have a piece I can buy from you left over from a project? I could also take the wrap off and leave is natural wood, and I think that takes away from its original form

Lots of Slingerland drums
70's Pearl Fiberglass Ivory
Posted on 12 years ago

Hoping BillnVic chimes in here.

They do sell "chrome" wrap today, however its plastic and not real metal.

Posted on 12 years ago

You may get used to it , once you get over your disappointment. I would live w/ it as it is. Even if it's a bit ragged, it's an authentic Model/ w/ a unique voice.

Posted on 12 years ago

Please Just sale it off and get another one or live with it the way it is, but leave it original, to many nice ole drums are re wrapped due to this type of thing, or even worse someone tries to fix an original wrap then destroys the original wrap and then re wraps it with Not even close to what the original wrap was or should be.

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 12 years ago

At first, I didn't like my beaten up COW and was planning to re-wrap my drums when I got them....

Today,... I'm glad I didn't.

In stead, I polished them and play the living daylight out of them.

They became my main drums and they sound incredible !

1 attachments
50.5 kB
Posted on 12 years ago

Give it a clean and polish first and see what you think. You might decide you like it. Sounds like a cool drum please post a pic when you can.

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 12 years ago

I guess chrome paint would be out right? (kidding LOL) I get the message.

Posted on 12 years ago

Here are some pics I just took, the first one is how the ad was presented, along with saying the shell was in great shape, just a few scratches, as you can see in the other 2 pics, part of the wrap has peeled off, and their is a 4 inch crease inbetween the lugs, so you can see why I was upset, not what I expected.

Posted on 12 years ago

That is pretty bad, & pretty dishonest. I would strongly recommend returning it. You have a good case of "seriously not as described", & the refund should not stop you from taking further action. (When you said scratches & peeling , I was thinking of pock marks & minor rust flaking, but this is not repairable, & is too much for you to bear.

Posted on 12 years ago

Awww man sorry to see that. I didn't think it would be that bad either. Dang.... nice size drum too!! Looks good otherwise though!

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here