Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.86013%

stuck between 2 kits (need advice)

what do you think the value of a rogers buddy rich kit wmp dayton holiday, is worth re-wrapped

Posted on 14 years ago

From mosteller

what do you think the value of a rogers buddy rich kit wmp dayton holiday, is worth re-wrapped

Don't matter what it's worth, it will always sound really nice, but as stated, it's a rewrapped kit, and won't appreciate at nearly the same rate as the Downbeat, even if you keep it clean. If you can it for 600-800, it might be worht it. I don't know, I'm not the Rogers' guy, that would be TommyP. Ask him if he would have an opinion. Personally, the Luds are going to hold and grow, the Rogers will hold. If it's a size thing, go for the one that suits you, and never, ever look back. Play them both before making up your mind, but do it quickly, before someone else snatches them.

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 14 years ago

From jonnistix

Don't matter what it's worth, it will always sound really nice, but as stated, it's a rewrapped kit, and won't appreciate at nearly the same rate as the Downbeat, even if you keep it clean. If you can it for 600-800, it might be worht it. I don't know, I'm not the Rogers' guy, that would be TommyP. Ask him if he would have an opinion. Personally, the Luds are going to hold and grow, the Rogers will hold. If it's a size thing, go for the one that suits you, and never, ever look back. Play them both before making up your mind, but do it quickly, before someone else snatches them.

its a bit more than $800

Posted on 14 years ago

Hey, charles, i agree with jonnistix, the ludwigs will be the better buy it will go up in value, but the rogers may be for you, I know you and rogers, if you think you are able to get what you paid into them out of them someday, then get the rogers kit, it has the sizes you like!!Clapping Happy2

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

We've established the first part of your request...which is worth more-Luddys.

The second part is based on which fits your current playing. I would say the Rogers would fit the bill better. Those drums would feel more at home in a good rock setting than the smaller Luddy kit.

This seems to be the classic fork in the road.

Do I collect or do I play?

Posted on 14 years ago

I haven't seen a lot of Rogers kits with a 24" bass. My old Rogers kit had 22" bass and I see mostly 20-22" in the sets that are for sale. My old Slingerlands had double 24"s. Both kits sounded great. Ludwigs are nice and all but I just prefer Rogers and Slingerland. That's the same exact set I've been looking for too. Very cool finds and good luck! :)

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 14 years ago

From backbeatkeeper

If you plan on gigging with them, go with the re wrapped Rogers. If they get dinged up, doesn't matter, the wraps not original. The Ludwigs, if all original would stay in my garage, and only go out on very rare occasions.

Yup. I concur!

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here