Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

Strange hybrid MIT's

So I drove an hour to buy these with the understanding the equipment in the picture on C/L was included in the sale. NO,he "threw the stands out"...so I came home with these hybrid Pearl Battleship lugs,T-rods,hoops and tone controls w/ Hoshino-type Tama knockoff tom mounts and spurs. The shells are more like Hoshino than Pearl. And the set is original,not altered. At least the lugs clean up...

2 attachments
Posted on 7 years ago

teverson-sr

Do the floor tom legs have points

and screw adjustable rubbers that can either cover or expose those points?

like are seen on some bass drum spurs?

They look sort of like a hybrid kit I found a few years back

Except yours have the Pearl-like battleship lugs

where this rusty crusty mouse motel has the slightly newer Pearl generic lugs found on most later MIJ and MIT Pearl builds

But simalar tom mount brackets,Tama -like bass drum receiver and double tom post

when I found those drums I was fascinated by the mixture of copied parts of two separate builders

Those look like they will clean up great Good Luck

Posted on 7 years ago

Many similarities and many slight differences. Yes on the "retractable point" legs and spurs. The BD tom mount, tom and leg mounts and spur receivers are pretty much DIRECT Tama ripoffs. Even the T-handle screws are copies. Lugs,rods, T-rods,BD hoops are Pearl. Shells as I said are more like Hoshino-thicker than Pearl, a little "rough" in the construction. I am most likely going to set these aside for a future recover, as the wrap is pretty scratched up-busted on the FT.

Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here