Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Strange Hole in Pearl Made MIJ

Greetings,

I'm in the process of cleaning these up. It's a Pearl made stencil kit. No badges, but the tom brackets and leg brackets all say "Pearl" on the outside.

I noticed a tiny little hole above the lug on the batter side of the 13" tom. It is above the lug to the left of the internal tone control holes. This tiny hole also appears on the 12" tom in the same position (one lug to the left of the internal tone control holes).

The holes are not present on the floor tom or bass drum; only on the two rack toms. It's a very clean hole and looks to be factory. Anyone ever see this before?

Thanks,

V

1 attachments
147.2 kB
Posted on 5 years ago

V!

I had a 1968 Whitehall stencil kit, built by Pearl. Had the same lugs and Rogers-style tone control as yours. No extra holes in my kit. The hole you show is very clean. Not quite sure what it might be. Also, strange that it is also present your 12" tom.

-Mark

Posted on 5 years ago

Hmm? even though the holes are in the same position on each tom

and look very neat and factory-like

I have never seen anything similar and would guess they were not done at the factory.

luckily they are very small and in good position to hide behind the tension rods

With the toms mounted I am guessing they also face toward the drummer ?

Posted on 5 years ago

Maybe someone mounted lights inside them and the holes are pass-throughs for wiring. (But why not just use the vents?)

Posted on 5 years ago
Action Another action Something else here