Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Stranded Olympics - help!

Hi! I managed to fall and tear my knee ligament over Christmas, and as a result, a set of vintage Olympics I was going to work on have been left stranded in my van in -temp conditions, because I didn't get them in the house before it happened. The hoops are already in bad shape and I was planning to possibly replace the hardware that was suffering from the worse rust anyway, but what about the shells? Will it cause them a lot of stress because of temp changes, to bring them straight into the house when I get back on my feet? They're birch. Plus side is, I paid just over £80 for this set, so it was a bargain, for shells alone, but I'm just a bit worried! I know the obvious answer would be to get someone to bring them in, but to be honest there's not much room and I already feel bad asking people to do all the regular stuff I need to do!

Tama Superstar, 22, 22, 16, 14, 13 Desert Burst
Premier Genista, 22, 16, 13, 12 Black Lacquer
Premier Genista, 20, 14, 10 and snare Black Lacquer
Premier Resonator 22, 16, 14, 13 poly creme/black
Zickos 22, 16, 14, 13, clear acrylic and snare
Posted on 14 years ago

I wish I could help you really, but it would be a bit of a walk to get there! Some on here close to Chorley? Best of luck and keep us posted

For info. & live schedule:
www.EricWiegmanndrums.com
*Odery Drums Japan endorser/ representative
*Japan Distributor of Vruk DrumMaster pedals
*D'Addario Japan Evans/Promark/Puresound
*Amedia Cymbals Japan

It's the journey not the destination.
Posted on 14 years ago

The thin shells should be fine. You may encounter re-ring separation. You can re-glue, it won't hurt.

Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks for that - puts my mind at rest!

Tama Superstar, 22, 22, 16, 14, 13 Desert Burst
Premier Genista, 22, 16, 13, 12 Black Lacquer
Premier Genista, 20, 14, 10 and snare Black Lacquer
Premier Resonator 22, 16, 14, 13 poly creme/black
Zickos 22, 16, 14, 13, clear acrylic and snare
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here