Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Strainer tune-up thoughts?

The strainer on my Royal Ace seems to have some play in it and wondering if that is normal or if there are some tune-up ideas people have for these? Thanks

Posted on 8 years ago

The only thing I can recommend is to completely disassemble the entire parallel throw mechanism, tediously clean and lube, reassemble and reset it. The internal assembly is most likely the culprit causing you trouble.

I have just done it to my own Royal Ace and it now performs as new. Remove the butt end scalloped plates first in order to access the interior parts, carefully storing each grouping of parts in separate labeled sandwich bags. The nylon roller bushing and cross beam often are misaligned or worn due to normal wear and tear over the decades.

Posted on 8 years ago

From BUCKIE_B

The only thing I can recommend is to completely disassemble the entire parallel throw mechanism, tediously clean and lube, reassemble and reset it. The internal assembly is most likely the culprit causing you trouble.I have just done it to my own Royal Ace and it now performs as new. Remove the butt end scalloped plates first in order to access the interior parts, carefully storing each grouping of parts in separate labeled sandwich bags. The nylon roller bushing and cross beam often are misaligned or worn due to normal wear and tear over the decades.

I was afraid to touch anything but I really have to as I want to move everything over to another RA shell I have with less fade on the wrap. I may hit you up for help if I get into trouble!

Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here