Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.86013%

Storing my 67/68 ludwig

Hi,just want to ask a question,i have no room in the house for this set so I'm keeping them in the shed.With temperature below freezing at the moment, just wondering if they will be OK.They are in fleece lined protection racket cases and the shed is dry.Any comments please,regards Pete

Posted on 14 years ago

I live in California, where it's warm all the time :), but as long as the drums aren't in a damp environment, they should be okay, especially with the fleece lined. Wood will shrink with cold and dry, but it expands when wet, that's the part you want to stay away from. If possible, store them in an attic, it's probably not as cold as outside with the heat escaping from your home through the walls.

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 14 years ago

I would not store drums that old anywhere but in a dry room that I would be comfortable in without a jacket on.(I live in Canada, I can't leave drums in my garage...).

Posted on 14 years ago

I know extreme cold can cause pearl covering on vintage drums to shatter. If I were you I would find some space inside!

-Adam

Posted on 14 years ago

That's correct. they will NOT be okay in freezing temperatures. The wood and the plastic wrap will shrink -but not at the same rate and it could very easily cause cracking at the very least. I wouldn't risk it.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here