Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.46347%

Stewart project complete.

Thanks to everyone who helped along the way.

I took jonnistix advice and sprayed the insides of the shells with a toned lacquer, glad I did that. Went with coated Ambassador on the 13 and 16. Put new attack heads on the bottoms. Snare has the original heads both sides. Bass drum has the cheep Remo batter head that came on it. The front head is one that came with some Ludwigs earlier this year. The big hole was already present, I just trimmed because the person before me was drunk I think. The Stewart logo on the front is something I made with the computer. I found a font that was very close, printed it out on some clear stuff with adhesive on the back and " wha-lha" a sticker! They cleaned up very nice, shine like a new car. They sound very nice too(thanks jonnisitx). The base drum has four very accuratly spaced extra holes, for what? Too far apart for a cymbal mount, any ideas? The only thing that makes me nuts is the new hoop on the bass drum. It is missing the inlay. If I could find some of that wrap I would cut the groove in the hoop and make it right. But I dont have any so here it is.

I am going to sell this, kick pedal not included. How much should I expect to get out of these?

Next up, my Pearl DX proffessional seires with the blue dye. I have a neat idea for the inlay going in those hoops. Having lots of fun here!

Thank you Mikey777 for taking care of me!

Thank you,

Jeff

Thank you!
Jeff C

"Enjoy every sandwich" Warren Zevon
Posted on 13 years ago

Unfortunately ,the extra holes really kill the value even on the mij sets.

I would imagine you could get 175. For that set without too much trouble

Posted on 13 years ago

From Retrosonic

Unfortunately ,the extra holes really kill the value even on the mij sets.I would imagine you could get 175. For that set without too much trouble

Well thats almost exactly what I have in it. That would be OK but 200.00 would be better. I might start at 250, you know how they want to talk you down. Thanks Pawn Stars!

Jeff

Thank you!
Jeff C

Posted on 13 years ago

Those came out very nice.They are constructed like my granfather's Ralstons were,but his were "Club Date"style single lugs.And they were medium blue,not aqua.The tom mount,snare,spurs and rims are identical.

As far as the extra holes? Brackets for a TV tray? Glockenspiel mount?Telescope stand? Bookshelf? MICROWAVE STAND! VOILA!

Your work is inspiring,and the "logo"BD head caps it.Cool1

Posted on 13 years ago

From teverson-sr

Those came out very nice.They are constructed like my granfather's Ralstons were,but his were "Club Date"style single lugs.And they were medium blue,not aqua.The tom mount,snare,spurs and rims are identical.As far as the extra holes? Brackets for a TV tray? Glockenspiel mount?Telescope stand? Bookshelf? MICROWAVE STAND! VOILA!Your work is inspiring,and the "logo"BD head caps it.Cool1

Hey how about a beer holder!

Thanks for the kind words!

Jeff

Thank you!
Jeff C

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here