Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.66388%

Steve Maxwell's tom rail mount...

Does anyone know the hole spacing/size for Steve's mount? They're excellent, and I wouldn't mind replacing the Ludwig one...

Posted on 11 years ago

Website says they are the same as the older vintage consolettes. These are the older 2 bolt type and looks like 5" hole spacing on mine which is a old W&A.

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 11 years ago

I also remember reading the Maxwell mount has a little "wiggle" room in them for any variance in mount holes.

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 11 years ago

Buy with confidence. I bought a Maxwell for a 59' Ludwig bass drum and it was a dead-fit for the old two-bolt rail. No muss, no fuss. And... the Maxwell works and it works well.

John

Too many great drums to list here!

http://www.walbergandauge.com/VintageVenue.htm
Posted on 11 years ago

I agree with John. I bought one for a Gretsch kit. It looks and works great. I've noticed you have to really crank down the bolts so things don't start shifting around.

You will not regret purchasing this consolette.

-Tim

Posted on 11 years ago

Yes--I had one installed on the Gretsch New Classic kit, but it's gone. The question that I have now is whether it would fit a Ludwig 20". The Ludwig mounts with 4 bolts. Any chance of finding out how far the Maxwell mounting bolts are, and what size the bolts are?

I sent an email to Maxwell's, but I haven't heard back yet...

so... any info?

Many many thanks!

Posted on 11 years ago

From bfulton

Yes--I had one installed on the Gretsch New Classic kit, but it's gone. The question that I have now is whether it would fit a Ludwig 20". The Ludwig mounts with 4 bolts. Any chance of finding out how far the Maxwell mounting bolts are, and what size the bolts are?I sent an email to Maxwell's, but I haven't heard back yet...so... any info?Many many thanks!

what email address did you use?

I have a pretty good rapport with Steve and he usually gets back to me within an hour or so from his phone

the manager of the NY store Jess is pretty prompt with returning emails as well

Posted on 11 years ago

> The Ludwig mounts with 4 bolts.

You know that the Maxwell unit is a two hole/bolt rail, not four, right? The hole spacing is different between a four-bolt/hole rail and the older style two bolt/hole rails. Maxwell's is an old-fashioned two bolt job. You'd have to fill/plug the old holes and drill a new one for the Maxwell. I was thinking you were trying to replace a two bolt one. Sorry I didn't read your post more carefully.

John

Too many great drums to list here!

http://www.walbergandauge.com/VintageVenue.htm
Posted on 11 years ago

The rail itself won't fit unless you re-drill, however the tom arm is the same as a Ludwig. The later 4-bolt pattern Ludwig rails are pretty common on ebay.....

Posted on 11 years ago

If the Ludwig rail is the same length as the Gretsch rail, maybe Steve could have some 4 bolt bases made up. I'm sure these would sell. I love the one on my son's 20" Gretsch bass.

-Tim

Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here