Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Steve Maxwell Vintage store

My fiance' took me to Steve Maxwell's NYC store on my B day this past Saturday.

WHAT A TREAT!

I took a good amount of photos and even some video, which I will post soon.

The manager, Jess was an extremely nice guy who told me, I could take pictures and videos of anything I wanted, and every drum & cymbal there was free to play. I had lots of questions, which he answered without the slightest hint of arrogance or attitude that is all too common among many shop owners/managers.

I spent 2 hours there (or so she says...it seemed like 30 mins), and only walked away with 2 pairs of Bopworks sticks, but it was one of the best birthday presents I ever got.

The store was once a recording studio, and the acoustics in there, along with the amazing drums sounded outstanding!

They mentioned that they will soon be adding a repair/parts dept, which is a welcome addition to NYC now that The Modern Drum Shop has gone the way of the buffalo. At least Drummer's world is still around.

Just some highlights that I can think of off the top of my head were, The Gretsch RB Kits (The famous 12/14/20 with K's was boxed up , as it was just sold). Several 12/14/18 Rogers Holiday kits. At least 10-12 Old K 18-22" rides.

Several Cravioto custom kits, anywhere from 12/14/18 all the way up to the John Bonham MONSTER Kit with what I imagine was at least a 26" BD.

And almost forgot, they gave me a lot of freebies: Bosphorous posters, Gretsch posters, and Craviotto catalougues. AND they even rolled them up for me so they would stay protected!

A classy place like this is hard to imagine, let alone experience, which makes me all the more willing to suport them and give them my hard earned money.

I HIGHLY reccomend this place for all you vintage junkies like me.

Will post pics/videos soon!

http://www.pkdrums.net
Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Those guys are great. Is Ben still there ? He's a good guy.

heckuva collection.

I believe, if I am not mistaken, that Steve Maxwell recently purchased the rights to the Leedy name.....[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

Here's a link

http://www.maxwelldrums.com/

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here