Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.46347%

Steel Gretsch snare help

Hi, everyone! I'm new here. Just wondering about fixing this snare I found at an estate sale this week. How do I connect the spring on this side (pictures below)? When I hold it tight it produces beautiful sound. Does anyone know how to connect it?

Photos here:

http://s1176.photobucket.com/user/Interstate74/library/Snare

Posted on 11 years ago

First off good to have you with us, the drum is aluminum I think see if a magnet will stick to the shell of the drum ? If not it is aluminum or could be a brass shell doesn't look to be one from the pic, if it sticks to teh shell it is steel. the snare strainer your showing, turn the adjustment knob down toward the threaded hole and then turn the knob to thread it into the hole that should do it, If you follow my meaning? Here this scan should help. http://www.vintagedrumguide.com/images/gretsch_snare_drums/1961_gretsch_snare_drums1.jpg

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 11 years ago

It looks like an aluminum snare and the adjustment knob appears to be upside down.Turn it around and thread it into the lower assembly to tighten / loosen snare wires.

1966 ludwig club date champagne sparkle 20-12-14
1979 gretsch black nitron 20-12-13-16
1972 Rogers blue onyx 20-12-13-16
2012 gretsch renown 57 18-12-14
1980's gretsch Ice blue 22-12-13-16
1980's gretsch Ice blue 18-10-14
1972 slingerland silver sparkle 22-12-13-14-16
Posted on 11 years ago

Like mentioned, it`s upside down, the knob goes through the fixed top then through the slide at the bottom. The lever will on and off the wires and the knob will tighten or loosen the wires to your like`n !i

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 11 years ago

It's fixed and sounds great! Thanks for the advice, everyone!

Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here