Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

Starting with a blank Slingy Shell...

Gang,

I've acquired a Slingerland Artist Series "bare shell" (well, it has the wrap on it) - 5.5 x 14 in blue sparkle - and now need to get all the rest of the hardware for it.

It's mid-60s (black and gold badge) and the wrap seam is still nice and tight.

I've built snares from scratch before - but need to find a source for the vintage hardware: lugs, tension rods, hoops, strainer, butt-plate - ideally would like to put the muffler back in and use a vintage set of snares too.

Besides "lurk E-Bay until the cows come home", any other suggestions/sources for what is, effectively, a "complete hardware kit"?

Oh yea - I'll be using it with my mid-70s Slingy 5-piece: http://kestrou.com/images/slingset1.jpg :)

Regards,

kestrou

Posted on 16 years ago

I would try and pick up a cheap COB version or COS version with a bad or dented shell then swap the hardware.

Should be less then finding the parts one at a time..

The Festival models usually go for under $100 with shipping, then sell the strainer, butt and badge and all you need is the zoomatic and butt side.

David

Posted on 16 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]That's the best way to do it.

....it's kinda hilarious how...when you just need some era-specific hardware...you can specifically look for those particular pcs. and then spend a bundle on 'em....

when, all the while, in another auction there's the whole dang drum for half the price of buying the pcs.

Yeah, the metal-shell snares always go less than the wood ones...you can usually pick up a Slingy metal snare on eFlay '60's-70's in the range of about $75-100 if not less....

the lugs are a dime a dozen (OK, not really...but Sound King snare lugs are very cheap on auction.....it's the sticksaver hoops, muffler, and strainer which tend to have a substantial cost to 'em...[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here