Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

star tension rods

hi all,

I'm new here. mMy name is Tim and i'n from the Netherlands, my english isnt very good but i hope you can understand me.

I have bougt a swing star kit. It is a vintage kit. Its a wonderful set but there are missing a couple of tension rods. But these tension rods doesn't have the normal proppelor wire. I tried the normal mapex tension rods but they dont fit.

does anybody knows were I can order these star tension rods?

Posted on 17 years ago

Apart from the obvious ebay route (remember to select from any country) you could try Jan at The Drum Doctor in The Netherlands (I've never worked out exactly where though).

He does a lot of vintage stuff. I've had minor dealings with him and he seems to be nice, efficient, passionate and also seems to deal with some of the older Japanese/stencil drums as well as the American and European stuff.

http://www.the-drum-doctor.nl/

Cheers,

David

Posted on 17 years ago

Oh yeah, the older kits have a different screw thread size to newer kits. Can't remember when it all changed - someone in here can probably fill you in on that.

Any older stuff would probably work but you might as well get the matching stuff if you can.

D

Posted on 17 years ago

thanks for the reaction. i'm gonna mail him

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here