Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Star Struck

Hello, folks!

I simply wanted to extend a sincere thanks to everyone on VDF who has helped me over the years to accumulate my Star collection. I now have a six piece fully restored set of Stars, a restored Star cocktail drum, Star bongos, a 14 by 14 Star marching drum and as tonight, a pristine Star tambourine in the original mint condition box! Thanks , everyone. I really appreciate your help and guidance.

Brian

Just a drummer who loves all things about vintage drums! Nothing more, nothing less.
Posted on 13 years ago

Hi Brian! The drumming community is here to help. Glad we could be of service. Now, how about some pictures?!!! -Mark

Posted on 13 years ago

Hi Brian,You know iam here to help you out on these Star sets and drums..By the way i forgot to tell you i have a 60's Star hoop mount cymbal "L" arm holder.. Just let me know.....Mikey

Posted on 13 years ago

OK, Brian, it's time to get a new computer. You are making all this money from being an international rock star and writer, you need to get with the 20th century and buy a computer that has a card reader...or are you that guy that only knows how to type? I do daily lessons on basic computer literacy at 11:00am CST so if you really need help. I'm here for ya, bro!

BTW, what a collection...we really want to see it. Take some pix and let Ms Salty take them to her office and send them to me, I'll post them, gleefully!

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 13 years ago

I can't believe that so many people, John, Mike, Mark and so many more would be so willing to help out a perfect stranger. I am honoured to be in your company! I try to follow the example you have set.

John, you're right. We basically upgraded this old computer about a month ago. My spouse will take pictures and, if we could send them to you for posting, it would be greatly appreciated. You're also right about my computer skills. I type using one finger at a time and looking at the keyboard. When I write, the entire process is done by printing each word out in pencil on notepads. This is true for entire novels. The marching drum arrived about an hour ago. It's beautiful! The tambourine is coming! Once everything is accounted for, I'll send you pictures, John. Thank you very much!

Again, thank you, friends. You people have become an integral part of my life. I am truly indebted.

Brian

Just a drummer who loves all things about vintage drums! Nothing more, nothing less.
Posted on 13 years ago

Hi Brian,

Yes, pics are a MUST from your Star's :rolleyes:!!!

If jonnistix can't finally do that for any reason (but I'm sure he will not fail), I will be glad to help you out regarding the pics as well!

Ralf

Vintage STAR (= Pre-Tama) website: www.star-drums.de
Posted on 13 years ago

Thanks, Ralf! As soon as the tambourine comes in, I'll get to sending pictures! I forgot to mention that I also have a restored set of Supremes (Star stencil) in charcoal diamond pearl. I play with this set occasionally but, like the sound of the 20 inch Star bass more than the 22 inch Supreme. Just a pesonal preference I guess.

Brian

Posted on 13 years ago

Thanks to Ralf, I can now show pictures of my old Stars on the VDF! Ralf has posted them for me in the Drum Image Gallery. Thanks, Ralf! I hope evryone likes the post.

Brian

salty 1322

Posted on 13 years ago

Pleasure, Brian!

And here's the link to the Gallery thread:

http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?p=134182#post134182

Ralf

Vintage STAR (= Pre-Tama) website: www.star-drums.de
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here