Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

Star stool

Hi fellow MIJ lovers

Few weeks ago managed to find a WMP Star kit that I believe is a '72 Star Stream Master ( going by the catalogues on the Tama site). 20,12 14 and 14 wood snare. this is complete with all original Star heads.[I]'ve stripped it down, repainted grey interior and cleaned all the fittings. \kick drum claws are a little pitted so they,ve gone off to be re-chromed. however main point is this kit came with almost perfect Star deluxe throne742, the one with ablue glitter top. I've seen lots of threads talking about the drums but how rare are these stools? First one I've come across.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Gary
1970 WMP Star
1971 Gretsch
1976 Camco
1972 Slingerland
1982 Yamaha 9000 RC
FVF custom kit
AD Drums custom kit
RCI acrylic kit
Arbiter Flats Pro
Ludwig402, Premier2000, Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute, Ahead COB,
Posted on 14 years ago

Well sir, I have yet to see one in the flesh. I have recently seen a 764 "Back Rest Throne" included with a different brand kit, but the seller refused to even discuss parting it. I explained to him ot would not affect the value of his Slingerland kit as this was a MIJ part, but he would hear none of that nonsense!

I just picked up a "Top Pedal" bass pedal in great condition and also a "Stage Master" 865 snare stand in immaculate condition. The only non-original part is one of the bolts that holds it's height. The "Top Pedal" was the one they shipped for stencils while the "Pro Pedal" was shipped for Star kits. The only difference was the footboard was poured with Pro vs Top in the casting.

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks for the reply Jonnistix, if you haven't seen one they must be thin on the ground!! As soon as I get parts back from chromers and re-assembled I will post some pics of kit. I'm hoping it's gonna sound as good as it looks, I haven't hit it with a stick once yet cos as soon as I got it it was strip down time. One thing I can't get and I've tried many fastener and engineers merchants are the correct threaded machine screws that fix the nutboxes to the shells. is it some weird Japanese standard? The screws themselves are ok but the washers had some corrosion on them and even after soaking for 2 days in WD40 would not come off the screws. As they would spoil the look of the drums I have painstakingly sawn off all 104 of these washers to be replaced with nice shiny ones!!

Regards

Gary

Gary
1970 WMP Star
1971 Gretsch
1976 Camco
1972 Slingerland
1982 Yamaha 9000 RC
FVF custom kit
AD Drums custom kit
RCI acrylic kit
Arbiter Flats Pro