Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Star One Touch Tone Control

Hello, friends!

Would anyone out there have a Star "One Touch Tone Control" from the early seventies that they might part with? An example of this item is seen on Ralf's post from 08-05-2010 under "The Wanted to Buy" section. I am restoring another snare and am really not that happy with the one I have on it now. It was selected from a parts bin of a friend and may or may not be a Star. It is not a "One Touch". Thank you very much. Sometimes, attention to detail can drive a person nuts, as I'm sure you know!

Brian

Just a drummer who loves all things about vintage drums! Nothing more, nothing less.
Posted on 13 years ago

Well, your snare may not have had a One Touch on it to begin with. Are you wanting to keep it original or are you wanting to add one for playability purposes. In some ways the non-One Touch mufflers are actually better.

Posted on 13 years ago

Hi Brian,

Sorry, I don't have one for you.

Please pay attention to the following, as there are not-original copies on the market (if you want to keep it just genuine ...):

The switch knob is genuine only, if it is on one side checkered and on the other side blank. I know that copies are existing which are blank on BOTH sides (from 'NewSound' or 'Gibraltar').

;)

Ralf

Vintage STAR (= Pre-Tama) website: www.star-drums.de
Posted on 13 years ago

From salty 1322

Hello, friends! Would anyone out there have a Star "One Touch Tone Control" from the early seventies that they might part with? An example of this item is seen on Ralf's post from 08-05-2010 under "The Wanted to Buy" section. I am restoring another snare and am really not that happy with the one I have on it now. It was selected from a parts bin of a friend and may or may not be a Star. It is not a "One Touch". Thank you very much. Sometimes, attention to detail can drive a person nuts, as I'm sure you know! Brian

Hey Brain,I think i have one star muffler i will have to check i should be up and around in a few days....Mikey

Posted on 13 years ago

Thanks, everyone! I think that cn679 is right. The snare that I'm restoring is earlier than my 70's one and probably never had a One-Touch. I do play with both though and got used to the One-Touch. At present, I'm using the snare I'm restoring for another tenor tom. I also have two 13 inchers, a 16 inch floor and a Star cocktail drum that I use as another floor tom. It sounds like thunder! Thanks Ralf and Mikey! Let me know if you come across one please, Mikey.

Brian

Just a drummer who loves all things about vintage drums! Nothing more, nothing less.
Posted on 13 years ago

Hi Salty!

Just saw this post. I'm fairly certain that I have this tone control. I'm currently on a "whirlwind" tour around the country with my girlfriend and won't be home until about June 3. Send me a PM with your email address. I know that I don't have the mounting hardware for the diamond shaped plate, but that should be easy enough to get. I've been holding onto this just in case I would need it for a restore project. It's been years now and it's gone unused. Maybe we can work out a fair price, as I know it is somewhat rare. Anyway, PM me if interested.

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here