Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Star Gold Agate Pearl-All Cleaned up and ready to play!

Howdy pardners!

Just wanted to share my Star Gold Agate's that I got not too long ago. I cleaned them all up and they came out great! Here is the original thread I started when I first got them (was it really all the way back in May?)

http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=50716&highlight=star+tiger+stripe

I am using the pedal and hi-hat stand (also all cleaned and shined) that came with the kit. Other than new 2.3mm hoops and heads all around (and a few new screws for mounts), everything is original except:

I replaced the strainer and butt (and snares themselves) on the snare (as we all know, MIJ snares had horrible, virtually un-useable strainers).

I replaced the floor tom legs (original MIJ's are just too darn short).

I replaced the bracket for the cymbal L- arm with a Ludwig (I don't trust any cymbal L-arm holder that is NOT an eyebolt). The holes lined up perfectly, so I did not drill any new holes.

I replaced the bass drum T-rods with key rods.

I used Windex to get the surface gunk off, than I used Meguiar's Plasticx to polish the wrap, followed by Novus # 1. I repainted and re-lacquered the bass hoops. I think Plasticx works just as good as Novus # 2. It is easier to work with and is certainly more readily available. I've had great results with it.

Sizes are 9" x 13", 15" x 16", 14" x 22" and 5.5" x 14". 3 ply with re-rings; natural interiors. They sound like a dream. The bass is a cannon and the snare sounds amazing. A great, woody crack that is also very sensitive. I can't wait to gig with these and turn a few heads!

Enjoy,

V

4 attachments
77.1 kB
76.8 kB
70.1 kB
Posted on 8 years ago

Gorgeous. Love that wrap.

Wanted: Pearl President floor tom in Golden Grain wrap and rack tom in Tiger Eye (root beer) wrap.
Posted on 8 years ago

Nice work. the wrap is great. The MIJ's really did have some beautiful wraps.

Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here