Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

STAR drums

Hi,

I went round to my cousin's place and found parts of a STAR drum kit. I believe the STAR brand later became TAMA. Any history about STAR drums would be great. From what I can remember, the kit consisted of a bass drum (looked bigger than 20"), a rack tom (13" I think), and snare drum. These all had the STAR badge on them (although the BD had half the badge missing). Other items with the drums included a Beverly hihat stand and a big floor tom (I think 16") which didn't have badge and looked like a different brand because it had different wrap. The wrap on the STAR snare and rack tom was a blue sparkle colour. I think the BD had same wrap, but most of it was missing (peeled off). I might write back with some more accurate info, but right now any information about STAR drums would be appreciated.

P.S. From what I can remember, the oval badge had the word "STAR" on a silver background.

Posted on 14 years ago

hi,

Tama have done quite an enformative exercise of uploading all of their old catalogues on to their company website. check that out as a good start.

Also on this forum there is an area called Vinatge Non-USA Drums. The guys around there will no doubt have a good knowledge base of the vintage *** drums.

And try give us some pics, they really are worth more than a thousand words...

good luck!

hit hard
Posted on 14 years ago

We like Star! Get us some pix, and we can go from there. Also, member Ralf is one of the more studied on Star, give him a shout. He is in Germany.

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]You just are in the wrong section of the Forum. TONS of info on Star in the Non-USA section...more info than one would ever want.....:o[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago

Ok, I"ll see if I can get some photos and I'll post them on the NON-USA section. I'm relatively new to this site and not too experienced with vintage drums in general too!!

Posted on 14 years ago

This website will tell you a lot:

http://www.tamadrum.co.jp/anniversary/list.php?era=60

If you make pics of it, we can say more ...

Ralf

Vintage STAR (= Pre-Tama) website: www.star-drums.de
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here