Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

Star Cymbal Arm

Dear Members,

I recently acquired a set of Stars from around 72-73. Everything is there but the cymbal arm which is connected to the bass drum mount. If anyone has such a piece of hardware, I will pay $1,0000 for it! Okay. I lied but, I will pay a fair price. Thanks, guys!

Brian

(Salty 1322)

Just a drummer who loves all things about vintage drums! Nothing more, nothing less.
Posted on 14 years ago

From salty 1322

Dear Members,I recently acquired a set of Stars from around 72-73. Everything is there but the cymbal arm which is connected to the bass drum mount. If anyone has such a piece of hardware, I will pay $1,0000 for it! Okay. I lied but, I will pay a fair price. Thanks, guys!Brian(Salty 1322)

You are going to have to look far and wide, unless Mikey has one. And if he does, be patient, it will get there.

Your parts are on the way. Way less than the online calculator estimated.

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 14 years ago

I have one (not currently thinking of selling it) and I have one's from Pearl and Hoshino from the same time period- they are all practically identical with just the most minor of differences. I am sure you can find a vintage Pearl one on Ebay just about anytime- I would be satisfied with Pearl or Star myself. here is link to a current auction (not mine) for a simple new model - L-arm link

For info. & live schedule:
www.EricWiegmanndrums.com
*Odery Drums Japan endorser/ representative
*Japan Distributor of Vruk DrumMaster pedals
*D'Addario Japan Evans/Promark/Puresound
*Amedia Cymbals Japan

It's the journey not the destination.
Posted on 14 years ago

From OsakaBop

I have one (not currently thinking of selling it) and I have one's from Pearl and Hoshino from the same time period- they are all practically identical with just the most minor of differences. I am sure you can find a vintage Pearl one on Ebay just about anytime- I would be satisfied with Pearl or Star myself. here is link to a current auction (not mine) for a simple new model - L-arm link

The one he is trying to find is completely diffent. Not an L-arm at all. It is a strange device. Has some weird ratchet thing on the bottom of the arm.

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 14 years ago

Oh is it one like that? I see.... the STAR model I have is just like the usual L-rod types- gotcha. thanks for the redirect. E

For info. & live schedule:
www.EricWiegmanndrums.com
*Odery Drums Japan endorser/ representative
*Japan Distributor of Vruk DrumMaster pedals
*D'Addario Japan Evans/Promark/Puresound
*Amedia Cymbals Japan

It's the journey not the destination.
Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks guys! I really appreciate the time and effort everyone on The Forum expends for a fellow member. jonnistix is a great source of knowledge! I have learned more from him in less than two years than I have picked up in several years! Thanks everyone.

Brian

( Salty 1322)

Just a drummer who loves all things about vintage drums! Nothing more, nothing less.
Posted on 14 years ago

From salty 1322

Thanks guys! I really appreciate the time and effort everyone on The Forum expends for a fellow member. jonnistix is a great source of knowledge! I have learned more from him in less than two years than I have picked up in several years! Thanks everyone. Brian ( Salty 1322)

Hey Brian,If you go to "What the heck are these? made in japan badges" posted on 8-15-10 1st page 1st post by Fayray,check the link he posted on the Tama drum catalog page it will show you the cymbal mount that you are looking for...Mikey

Posted on 14 years ago

From jonnistix

You are going to have to look far and wide, unless Mikey has one. And if he does, be patient, it will get there.Your parts are on the way. Way less than the online calculator estimated.

????...Mikey

Posted on 14 years ago

Hi, Mikey.

Thanks for the information. The cymbal arm that I'm searching for is like the one shown on vaildaddy's set. I've written to the gentleman from whom I purchased my drums asking if he might still have such a contraption. He was the sole owner. So far, no response.

Thanks again, Mikey.

Brian

( Salty 1322)

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here