Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Star Congas?

Fellow Members:

I am the proud owner of a set of beautifully restored Stars, a great old Star cocktail drum and soon, thanks to Mikey, a vintage set of Star bongos! Many people on The Forum were instrumental in these restoration projects. I owe you guys a huge deal of gratitude! Thank you!

Does anyone know if Star, at any time produced a conga drum? I have tried to research this question but, to no avail. If Star did indeed manufacture such a drum, I know it would be my next quest. I'll tell my wife something.

Thanks again, everyone!

Brian

Just a drummer who loves all things about vintage drums! Nothing more, nothing less.
Posted on 13 years ago
"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 13 years ago

From salty 1322

Fellow Members: I am the proud owner of a set of beautifully restored Stars, a great old Star cocktail drum and soon, thanks to Mikey, a vintage set of Star bongos! Many people on The Forum were instrumental in these restoration projects. I owe you guys a huge deal of gratitude! Thank you! Does anyone know if Star, at any time produced a conga drum? I have tried to research this question but, to no avail. If Star did indeed manufacture such a drum, I know it would be my next quest. I'll tell my wife something. Thanks again, everyone! Brian

Brian, As you see Yes they did but i must say in over 30+ years on collecting and selling vintage drum i have Never seen one in person...Maybe you can look on Ebay -japan_-site to fine one??...Mikey P.S p/p is ok....

Posted on 13 years ago

Brian, even the Star bongos come up very seldom at ebay - but like Mikey, I've never seen a Conga from them 'outside' of the pics of the Star catalogue.

Ralf

Vintage STAR (= Pre-Tama) website: www.star-drums.de
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here