Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Star Bongos!

I recently purchased a set of Star bongos for about $7.00 on ebay.ca. They are about 6 1/2 and 7 1/2 inches respectively. Four lugs apiece. The rims, lugs and t-rods are dirty with some surface rust but, they should clean up beautifully! Even the t-rod washers are intact! Of course, the skins are ripped. Gold sparkle wrap is perfect. The interiors are red. I believe it is the factory colour. The badge on the larger drum is a black oval with the words, Star Drums above, World's Supreme Quality, below. The problem is, there is no connecting piece to join the drums, only a single hole on each. I've checked out the two pictures I could find here on The Forum but, the badges are different. Finding such a piece is probably impossible but, if anyone has even a picture, I might be able to improvise something. Thank you VERY much.

Brian

Just a drummer who loves all things about vintage drums! Nothing more, nothing less.
Posted on 13 years ago

Hi Brian,

Here:

http://www.tamadrum.co.jp/anniversary/expansion.php?cat_id=5&now=11

and here's a pic of the holder:

http://www.tamadrum.co.jp/anniversary/expansion.php?cat_id=7&now=3

Hope it helps!

Greetings,

Ralf

Vintage STAR (= Pre-Tama) website: www.star-drums.de
Posted on 13 years ago

From salty 1322

I recently purchased a set of Star bongos for about $7.00 on ebay.ca. They are about 6 1/2 and 7 1/2 inches respectively. Four lugs apiece. The rims, lugs and t-rods are dirty with some surface rust but, they should clean up beautifully! Even the t-rod washers are intact! Of course, the skins are ripped. Gold sparkle wrap is perfect. The interiors are red. I believe it is the factory colour. The badge on the larger drum is a black oval with the words, Star Drums above, World's Supreme Quality, below. The problem is, there is no connecting piece to join the drums, only a single hole on each. I've checked out the two pictures I could find here on The Forum but, the badges are different. Finding such a piece is probably impossible but, if anyone has even a picture, I might be able to improvise something. Thank you VERY much. Brian

Hey Brian, I think i have the part's you are looking for..The mount for the bongos the one i have mount's on a floor stand Not Hoop..The piece of wood that goes goes in the middle to hold the bongos together..I will check later today...Mikey

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here