Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Staccato Drums???

Hello all. I just bought the weirdest looking, but awesome sounding, drumset. It was made by a company called Staccato, between 1982 and 1984 in Canada. (probably not really considered vintage) The set consists of a 22" bass (which is 29" wide on the other side and looks like a dual exhaust tip) 10", tom 12" tom, and a 16" floor tom which wraps around the side of the bass drum. It's white on the outside and flat black on the inside and is clearly made of fiberglass. My question to you is ..... what are they worth (ballpark) and are these kits considered collectible? I'm really liking this kit ALOT but I think I'm gonna have trouble finding cases for it!! LOL :) I can't wait to see the look on people's faces when this set goes out for a weekend on the town.

Posted on 17 years ago

Yes, they are collectible. The value depends on the condition. They are not the most "practical" drums in the world, but they are very...um...interesting. I don't think there is a big demand for them, but there are probably a few specialized Staccato collectors out there. I have no idea where to start with trying to guess what they might be worth -especially without seeing detailed pictures of what condition they are in. Another similar style drum was offered by North Drums.

[IMG]http://home.earthlink.net/~northdrums/Black%20North%20Double%20Bass%20Kit.jpg[/IMG]

And here is a nice set of Staccatos for comparative purposes:

[IMG]http://www.endino.com/pics/staccato.jpg[/IMG]

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 17 years ago

Ah yes, I remember seeing those for the first time and thinking... "The kick looks like a giant pair of pants" :)

Cool kit - You'll turn some heads with those.

Vintage Snares Vintage Kits
Posted on 17 years ago

I'll post some pics as soon as I can. They are in near mint condition. I definately gonna play the heck out of them that's for sure!! Practical??? Nope ..... different ....... YEP!!! ....... Very deep sounding. What would be a good choice in heads for something like this where there is no bottom head? I'm thinking Aquarian Modern Vintage or Studio X Coated. Would a non coated head sound better you think? It has new REMO Pinstripes on it now. I'm not a big fan of REMO heads anyways. My set is Identical to the Red one you posted. You're right ........ the bass drum does look like a big pair of pants!!! I was thinking an exhaust tip..... LOL

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here